Answer: While some features on products may vary, most of the product pages found on the Orvis website have the following characteristics:
Here's a description of the basic features you'll find on an Orvis product page:
Product Navigation: At the top of each product page are navigation links that enable you to see the next product (or the previous product) in the section you selected. For example, if you're in the Men's Polo Shirts section, you'll see either the next polo shirt, or the previous polo shirt, in the Men's Polo Shirt collection.
Product Image with Zoom: Under the product navigation, you'll see a photograph of what the product looks like. In most cases, this product page can be enlarged or changed by clicking on the color swatches, if the product is available in different color choices.
Additional Views or Video: Some products have additional views that will enable you see the product from different angles or different uses for the product. Additionally, if a product has a video presentation, you'll find it in this section of the product page.
Product Color or Style Choices: This section shows you the available colors or styles for the product, if applicable. In most cases, you can click on the different color swatches and the product image displayed above will change, giving you a better idea of what the product looks like in the available colors.
More Product Details: This section contains tabs that provide you with additional details about a product, such as:
- Details - The Details tab is the default, conveying detailed information about the product. Included will be available sizes, colors, fabric composition, washing instructions, origins, or special shipping information.
- Size Chart - The Size Chart tab provides sizing information about a product, if applicable.
- Learn More - The Learn More tab provides is additional information about a product's manufacturer, product history, or uses, if appliable.
- Reviews - The Reviews tab provides access to all customer reviews for the product. It also provides you with the ability to enter a review for that product.
Product Name & Basic Description: This section shows the product name and a brief description of the product's features and benefits.
Your Selections for This Product: Use the "Buy It Now" section to select the choices you want for this product. Choices may include size, color, motif, personalization details, or line weight, among others. You'll also use this section to indicate the quantity of the product you want. When you've selected your product choices, use the "Add to Basket" button to add it to your shopping cart.
Product Service Features: This section displays any additional services that may be available for this product, such as:
- Live Chat: When you use Live Chat from a product page, the Orvis Live Chat agent automatically knows the product about which you're wanting to chat. For example, if you use the Live Chat button from the Presidential Microfiber Shirt product page, the Orvis Live Chat agent knows that you're wanting to chat about that shirt.
- Product Referral: Do you want to tell a friend about a product on Orvis.com? Then use the convenient "Send This Page to a Friend" feature. This feature e-mails your friend with a link to the product page.
Special Features: Some product pages may have additional features, such as a way to preview your personalization options, or a way for you to indicate your inseam preferences. Those are discussed in more detail later in this section.
Answer: On each of our product pages, you're invited to leave your feedback under our reviews section (which is typically found under the image of the product). There, you can talk about your experiences with your Orvis product, as well as give it a rating of up to five stars, as well as see other reviews of the product.
To write a review, click the "WRITE A REVIEW" button. You will then be prompted to enter your information, after which point you may write a review for your Orvis product.
All of the feedback we recieve is very valuable to us, as it let's us know how well we're doing in terms of your satisfaction, as well as the satisfaction amongst all of our valued customers.
Answer: Each Orvis product page is customized to present all the available options for that product. For example, if you've selected pants that can be inseamed, you'll see additional fields for you to indicate your inseaming preferences.
Example of pants product page with inseaming available.
If you've selected a product with additional preferences for personalization, you may see additional fields for multiple lines of embroidering with your choice of motifs, placement and lettering font styles.
Example of a shirt with multiple personalization options.
The product's "Buy It Now" section displays all the choices available for that product. Some choices may be required (such as size and color), others may be optional (such as personalization). But all choices you find in the "Buy It Now" section are there to make sure that you'll get the most out of your Orvis product.
If you have questions about any of the options displayed in the "Buy It Now" section of a product page, then contact Orvis Customer Service using the Live Chat button on the product page. If you use the Live Chat button that's on the product page, the Orvis Live Chat Agent will automatically know of the product about which you want to chat.
You can also contact Orvis Customer Service by e-mail or by phone.