This week, we have a great interview with Dan Frasier, fly-fishing editor of Carp Pro magazine, on—guess what? There are some terrific tips in this interview, including a couple I had not heard of and will try on my next carp fishing trip. I am sure you will find some as well.
In the Fly Box, we range from hooking shad, to getting started in fly tying, to picking the right leader length, to fishing streamers in Europe. And I’m also asked about my top 10 saltwater flies for fishing anywhere in the world, so I will list them here as well as mention them in the podcast
- Lefty’s Deceiver in chartreuse, in size 1
- Lefty’s Deceiver in olive and white, in size 1
- Clouser Minnow in original brown and white, in size 4
- Clouser Minnow in chartreuse and white, in size 4
- Gurgler (any color)
- Surf Candy, in size 4
- Adams’ Bastard Crab, in size 4
- Puglisi Peanut Butter in purple and black, in size 1/0
- Simram, in size 6
- Cowen’s Albie Anchovy
If you don’t see the “Play” button above, click here to listen.