Take an All-New Phil Monahan Fly-Fishing Trivia Challenge 03.13.14

Welcome to another edition of our trivia challenge, where we test your knowledge of all things fly fishing and where you might learn a thing or two about this sport we love.

This week, we’ve got ten new questions about American tailwaters. Each question asks where you would find a famous stretch of river below a specific dam. That means that, even though a river flows through several states, the correct answer is the state that contains the stretch below the dam in the question.

The scores on the last week’s Trivia Challenge were spectacular, withย 36 100%s (doubling last week’s total) and a whole lotta 90%s and 80%s. Those fly quizzes are clearly right in your wheelhouse.

The randomly chosen winner of this weekโ€™s quiz will receive a copy of Great Fishing Lodges of North America by Paul Fersen, a gorgeous coffee-table book. The winner of our last quiz (as determined by random.org) wasย Kyle, who scored a “Gentleman’s C.”

So, take this weekโ€™s quiz, and no matter how well or poorly you do, post your score in the comments below to be eligible to win a cool book.

Good luck!

Do you know where this is?
Photo by Phil Konstantin via Wikipedia

145 thoughts on “Take an All-New Phil Monahan Fly-Fishing Trivia Challenge 03.13.14

1. ron

40 % but I think you are wrong on question #6 check the flow direction. its the only one on the list ive fished on a regular basis

2. Andrew

I only knew one and guessed on the others for a whopping 30% Needless to say I don’t fish these tailwaters.

3. Miles

The Yough Dam is in Pennsylvania — the lake straddles MD and PA — and the river flows north from the dam into PA. The correct answer is PA, not MD.

4. Derek Hardy

80% – 20% actual knowledge the other 60% pure dumb luck! Fun quiz! Made me realize how little I truly know outside of my own state.

5. Okieflier

80% Best score yet! Should have continued my geography degree instead of vocation education teacher! Not! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Phil Ritter

100% Great quiz. I’ve had the pleasure of fishing the green and youghiogheny so far. Love to hit the rest.

7. Charles Falchetti

First time I did a perfect 100%. I have fished most of these tail waters and have read about the rest.

8. Peter

Shooting from the hip and missed 80% of the time.
    This 20% is pure luck.
    I guess Europeans are just as good in American geography as Americans are in European… ๐Ÿ˜€

9. shawn

30 should be 40 you would think by now I would go over my answers third time my answer moved when I moved on . not bad for canuck.

10. Pingback: Take an All-New Phil Monahan Fly-Fishing Trivia Challenge 03.20.14 | Orvis News