Las Golondrinas is located two and a half hours by road South West of Madrid, in Extremadura, between the World Heritage towns of Cacares and Trujillo.
Morning: Fly to Madrid or Seville where you will be met by a local guide-interpreter who will arrange for your guns to enter the country. Alternatively private jets can land at Talavera la Real (Badajoz), a small airport that is 1 hour drive from the estate.
Transfer: Drive to Las Golondrinas in either a minibus or private cars, both of which can be arranged at extra cost.
Evening: Relax at the ancient Cortijo Espanol before a traditional Spanish dinner hosted by Fernando Diaz de Bustamante Ulloa or Jacobo, his son.
Morning: Breakfast, followed by transport to the shooting area through unspoilt wilderness.
Morning Drives: Meet your cargador and secretario, who will accompany you for the day. They will carry all your equipment, load for you and count and mark your birds. The number of drives is determined by the size of day taken and the time of year with each drive followed by some tapas.
Lunch: A picnic lunch in the middle of the day.
Afternoon Drives: The birds are driven by men on foot and horseback, which is a spectacle in itself, to stands in gulleys or open country providing both high birds and more traditional Spanish partridges which take advantage of the wind and terrain to provide fast moving challenging targets. Early Evening: Depart. Following the shoot it is possible to book a further night at Las Golondrinas or travel to Madrid or Seville where suitable hotel accommodation can also be arranged, both at extra cost.
1. Cacares and Trujillo, two world heritage towns, within a few miles of the estate.
2. A little further afield are Plasencia and Merida, the latter with the most extensive Roman ruins in Spain, sometimes described as a 'mini' version of Rome itself.
3. All of the above have a number of good shops and restaurants, bookings of the latter which can be arranged.
4. Golf can be played on a course 20 minutes away by road.
5. Red deer stalking, wild boar shooting, driven deer shooting, Monterias, can be organised on neighbouring estates.
6. A Flamenco evening with guitarists and bailaoras and or Spanish horse dancing can be arranged.
At Las Golondrinas you will be staying in a 10 bedroom ‘Cortijo Espanol’ that lies within the estate boundaries. Decorated with the family's antiques, trophies and art, the accommodation is absolutely the epitome of the sporting lifestyle. Each room has modern en suite facilities. Service is impeccable and cooking is provided by an experienced local cook. The cellar holds an extensive range of high quality Spanish and European wines.
Dates to suit between October 1st and March 31st in each year.
£3450 per gun and non-shooting partner together.
Priced on 600 birds for a party of ten guns.
Group size: 8 to 10 guns (16 to 20 people max.)
*All prices include VAT (sales tax) chargeable at the current rate.