Review retrieval timed out
Bought the travel kit knowing I'd be traveling out of town a few times in the near future. Great kit. Lots of room for all the essentials. Fit nicely in the suitcase. Wipe it down with a wet cloth to clean it if necessary. If you need to replace that old travel kit, recommend looking at this one. Good deal for the money.,It is a Christmas present, and Christmas is not here yet. I liked the item just seeing it in your catalog, but now that it has been receved, I know he will be happy. There is no problem with the item ordered, but there is a problem to email someone back about an item like this ----- he asked today what was the email from Orvis all about!! We share the same computer as do many people.
No, we do not have the same email address, but I was showing him something our son had sent to me, and there was Orvis listed right under that email I wanted him to see ---- Now that is not a good policy --- ordering when I did right before Christmas, and Christmas is a week away --- don't you think this review would have been better after Christmas? --- all you have to do is provide a check place if it is a Christmas present, then do not send this out until afterwards ---- a simple check on your ordering form would not let this happen ----- you employees taking orders could have this as one of their questions --- "Is this a Christmas present?,This is a really good looking Dopp kit; ordered it for my older son. Unfortunately, when I pulled the tabs at each end of the zipper (they were stuck to the bottom of the bag), the stain on the leather came off! Called customer service to tell them I was sending it back, but did not feel I should have to pay for the return. They were very nice and accommodating and said they would waiver the return fee.,I never write recco's, but after reading the 2 reviews, I had to comment.
I was given this Dopp kit by my parents when I was about 15 years old & now that I'm 39 & this bag is still going strong, I can assure you it sure holds up. Mine has a brass monogram tag on the leather piece & I cherish this bag. It packs well & holds 90% of my stuff. The other 10% is hair pomade & any liquids which I wrap in plastic and pack separately so they don't leak in my bag. I can assure you, this bag is worth every penny, as my brother has replaced 3 leather bags over those years bc he lost his years ago, which he regrets everytime he sees mine.
We also have a few battenkill luggage from back in the day as well, so they will last you many many years & still look great!,Ordered many of these for all the men in the family - fathers & sons.
My husband's has the Orvis stamped
bottom and an engraved brass plate.
Two/three years ago attempted to order 5,
and no engraving/embossing was available, when received
they were horribly made - returned!
Bought one at Orvis store - no embossing. bought anyway. Last
year ordered 7 since embossing
was back. Yea! ok. This year -
ordered gift for a young friend -
all was changed but no Orvis
embossing on bottom layer; larger,
and no monogramming available
at all. Kept it anyway, but not
happy with it. Sorry. The old ones
are better - smaller - maybe fatter
and perfect for the school age kid
or college student. There was
always a larger one available too
for "real " travellers, too.
BazaarVoice Reviews go here