Setting the industry standard for outdoor furniture craftsmanship
Lloyd/Flanders award-winning furnishings are crafted with years of expertise in creating heirloom furnishings enjoyed by many generations.
The company owes much of its dedication and expertise in the industry to its century-old roots with the Lloyd Company, started by inventor/industrialist Marshall B. Lloyd who developed the Lloyd loom for creating woven fabric quicker and more precisely. Today, in the same plant in Menominee, Michigan, many processes come together to create the award-winning, all-weather furniture of Lloyd/Flanders:
- High quality aluminum tubing is used to frame each piece of furniture. Woven material is processed in sheets, dipped in a latex bath for durability, then cut and hand-assembled around the frame.
- Each piece receives two coats of high solid, polyester, resin-based paint called Durium® which provides a flexible yet protective finish.
- Each chair, loveseat or sofa is fitted with a special-reinforced seating deck, which increases comfort and long-term durability for outdoor use.
- Each piece is fitted with Lloyd/Flanders Comfort Plush™ cushions, known for their supreme comfort as well as their water-resistant and mildew/bacteria resistant components. BioComfort high density foam is wrapped with polyester fiber, and the foam and fiber core is covered with a polypropylene jacket and a hydrophobic material that literally "sheds water.”
- Furniture is ready for the showroom. All products are warrantied, with frames and finishes warrantied for a period of three years and fabrics and cushions warrantied for one year, beginning at the time of purchase.
Orvis is pleased to offer Lloyd/Flanders furniture to help you create your own elegant, refined and supremely comfortable outdoor living space.