Captain Joe Mattioli
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide in New York
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
- April: Start of the striped bass spring run
- May: Striped bass spring run is in full swing, bluefish arrive
- June: Striped bass, bluefish, and weakfish arrive
- July: Inshore, striped bass, bluefish, and weakfish; offshore, mahi and tuna
- August: Inshore, striped bass, bluefish, and weakfish; offshore, mahi and tuna
Inshore: Striped bass, bluefish, weakfish, false albacore Offshore: Mahi/mahi, false albacore, and tuna
We fish Raritan Bay, New York Harbor, Jamaica Bay, Breezy Point, and Sandy Hook Bay. Shallow water flats and back bay beaches, ocean beaches and channels and deep water offshore ocean waters
- April: 40-60 degrees F
- May: 60-75 degrees
- June: 65-85 degrees
- July: 70-85 degrees
- August: 75-85 degrees
- September: 60-75 degrees
- October: 50-60 degrees
- November: 40-50 degrees
4-Hour trip for 2 anglers $625, additional anglers $50 per person, up to 5 anglers total. Please visit http://www.flyfishnyc.com/RATES.htm for more details.
What is Provided:
We provide all the fly and spinning gear, which includes rod, reel, flies, lures, line, and leaders at no charge. Beverages: Water, seltzer, and soda on ice all complimentary.
You can bring 8, 9, or 10 wt. fly-fishing outfits with deep-sinking lines, 300-500 grain intermediate lines, and floating for topwater.
What to Bring:
Layers of clothing, non-slip shoes, sunglasses food, and snacks
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;