South Fork of Shenandoah River, Virginia Fly Fishing Reports & Conditions
Fly Fishing Map of South Fork of Shenandoah River, VA
Bookmark and Share
South Fork of Shenandoah River, Virginia Fly Fishing Reports & Conditions
My tips of the week
Mossy Creek Fly Fishing is OPEN normal business hours right now and OPEN to foot traffic 7 days a week now. Customers must currently wear a mask or face covering to enter ANY brick and mortar retail store. Call 540-434-2444 for info and orders or go online - www.mossycreekflyfishing.com . Stay safe and healthy out there!
Fishing Conditions

Fly Fishing South Fork of Shenandoah River is currently Good

Orvis-Endorsed guides nearby:

Water flow: average

Visibility: 60 inches

Water temperature at mid-day: 69 Degrees F

Water condition: Clear

Best time of day to fish: Afternoon to Evening Hours

Best stretch: All stretches are fishing the same.

Best access point: All access points are through the VDGIF designated public boat launches. All boat launches are currently clean and manageable.

Fly fishing hatches in order of importance:

None

Fish species: Smallmouth Bass, Carp, Musky, Largemouth, Redbreast Sunfish, Rock Bass

Fishing season: March-September for Smallmouth, Carp, and Largemouth, Year-Round Musky

Nearest airport: Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport

Shenandoah River, South Fork Description

The South Fork of the Shenandoah is one of Virginia's premier smallmouth bass fisheries. This river is very tame with rapids rarely hitting class II or even III. Most of the South Fork can be floated in a tube or canoe. Wading is difficult as there are very deep holes along the river and the only public access is at the VDGIF boat landings. Smallmouth Bass fishing is outstanding from March through September. ...

Techniques & Tips

Water levels are dropping but it will be a few days before we hit prime flows again.

7-Day Forecast

Detailed Forecast This AfternoonScattered showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. TonightScattered showers and thunderstorms before midnight, then isolated showers between midnight and 3am. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%. ThursdayPatchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 87. North wind 3 to 7 mph. Thursday NightMostly clear, with a low around 66. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. FridaySunny, with a high near 92. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon. Friday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 69. Independence DayA chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Saturday NightA chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%. SundayA chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Sunday NightA chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 40%. MondayA chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Monday NightA chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 40%. TuesdayA chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Chance of precipitation is 40%.


Add Your Fishing Report