Little Pigeon River - Middle and West Prongs, Tennessee Fly Fishing Reports & Conditions
Reported by Orvis Sevierville
Fly Fishing Map of Little Pigeon River, TN
Bookmark and Share
Little Pigeon River - Middle and West Prongs, Tennessee Fly Fishing Reports & Conditions
My tips of the week
IT'S DRY FLY SEASON!
Fishing Conditions

Fly Fishing Little Pigeon River is currently Excellent

Orvis-Endorsed guides nearby:

Water flow: 200cfs

Visibility: 1 inches

Water temperature at mid-day: 56 Degrees F

Water condition: Clear

Best time of day to fish: Mid Day to afternoon

Best stretch: lower elevation from park boundry to chimney picnic area

Best access point: quiet walkways

Fly fishing hatches in order of importance:

Stoneflies Caddis Light Cahill

Fish species: Trout

Fishing season: Year Round (Prime: May 1 - October 1)

Nearest airport: Knoxville (Tyson-McGee Airport)

Little Pigeon River Description

The Middle and West Prongs of the Little Pigeon River each begin in the higher elevations and lush rhododendron thickets of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Near the headwaters, small plunge pools in these freestone streams hold lively populations of native brook trout that eagerly take well-presented flies. The Middle Prong begins near Ramsey Cascades and gains significant flowage with the introduction ...

Techniques & Tips

Dry Dopper

7-Day Forecast

Today A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Southwest wind around 10 mph. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Tonight A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Monday Showers and thunderstorms likely before 8am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 8am and 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 86. West wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Monday Night A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Tuesday Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Partly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Tuesday Night A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Wednesday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8am, then showers and thunderstorms after 8am. Patchy fog before 7am. High near 85. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Wednesday Night A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Thursday Showers and thunderstorms likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. Friday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 88. Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Independence Day A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 87.


Add Your Fishing Report