1. Difficulty tying your fly to the tippet? Try this!
2. For Better Subtlety, Use Aerial Mends
3. Paste Floatants - How much is too much?
4. Walk, Don't Run, to the River Side
5. Always Cast to a Target!
6. Practice Sidearm Casting to Improve Your Casting & Your Fishing
7. Feel the Force!
8. Don't Practice Your Casting While You're Fishing
9. If You Wade Aggressively, Don't Be Stupid - Be Safe
10. I Can't See What I'm Doing!
11. Where do I stop the rod on the back cast?
12. Best Way to Use a Wading Staff
13. Do You See What Trout See?
14. Keep Your Casting Practice Sessions Short!
15. More Casting in the Wind
16. Safe Wading? Move like a Karate/Fencing Student.
17. Fish Your Backcast
18. Get a Grip!
19. Don't Rock 'N Roll While You're Casting!
20. Always Wear a Wading Belt!
21. 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock? - NO! Watch the Loops
22. Cast Nymph & Indicator Rigs or Sink Tips with Ease!
23. Better Casts into the Wind!
24. Lubricate Your Knots!
25. See What You Are Looking At!
26. Cross Fast Currents Safely by Wading Downstream
27. Use the Force (Surface Tension)
28. Lift Long Lines from the Water with Ease!
29. Take More Turns!
30. Trust in the Loop!
Return to Previous Page
Sign up now to receive special offers and news via email, and save $10 on your next purchase of $50 or more. This offer is valid for new subscribers only and will be sent to your email address shortly.
Trips & Schools
100% customer satisfaction has been our commitment since 1856. It's who we are. If you aren't happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we'll make it right.
THAT'S THE ORVIS WAY.
Fly-Fishing Learning Center
We Know Dogs
FF 101 /Schools
Guide to Adventure
Find an Orvis store near you.
Orvis Commits 5% of pre-tax profits to protecting nature.
Learn about our commitment
“If we are to benefit from the use of our natural resources, we must be willing to act to preserve them.”
– Perk Perkins, Orvis Company Owner & Board Member
Copyright 2020, The Orvis Company Inc. Since 1856.