Kevin Hutchison, TX
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide in Smithville, Texas
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
Species You Fish For By Season
In the winter months we fish for Rainbow Trout in the Lower Guadalupe River. That season runs from Mid-November through March. Our Bass fishing season runs from February through late November, giving us good fishing all year long.
Sample of Typical Trip
Every trip is custom designed to suit the clients but typically we meet them in the morning at the launch spot, having already run our shuttle before the customers arrive.
If a fly casting refresher is needed we cover that before heading out. Stopping for lunch around 12:00 we evaluate how the day is going and make any needed changes. Often the boat seating positions are changed at lunch. On bigger trips customers are often rotated between guides for a different fishing experience.
When the afternoons fishing is done we pull the boats out and the customers are shuttled back to their car(s) and given their departing gifts. These change with the seasons but our returning customers look forward to the new and useful “Thank You” we give. In the past these have included custom screen printed T-Shirts, custom embroidered fleece blankets, custom printed “buffs”, custom printed aluminum water bottles or beer glasses etc. (there are advantages to having a wife that owns a custom printing and embroidery business).
What Should Customers Bring
Customers are emailed in advance with a "What To Bring" list.
These are the basic items that I feel you should bring:
- Valid Texas State fishing license. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Long sleeve, quick dry, shirt
- Long, quick dry, pants
- Good (lucky) fishing hat
- Polarized Sunglasses
- Any medications you may be on (often overlooked)
- Sun Screen
- Rain Jacket (on the outside chance it might ever rain again)
- Shoes you can get wet
- Cell phones (I’ll have one if we need it)
- Non waterproof cameras. Again, we will have one if you want photos
- Jeans, if they get wet you’re wet all day
- Waders (unless otherwise instructed)
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;