In 1936, Duncan Barbour, a keen motorcyclist himself, developed the Barbour International, a waxed cotton suit designed specifically to use in the 1936 International Six Day Trials (ISDT). Durability, weather resistance, and purposeful style led Barbour International to become a market leader in motorcycle clothing and began to be worn in other areas of motorcycle sport including army display teams and 14 different police forces. In 1964, actor Steve McQueen wore the suit, together with his US team members, at the ISDT in East Germany. Two chest and lower patch pockets to secure small valuables. Barbour tartan lining lends handsome contrast. In black. Pure waxed cotton. Spot clean. Imported.
Sizes M(38-40), L(42-44), XL(46-48), XXL(50-52).
For best fit, order one size up.
- Developed for motorcyclists by the motorcyclist Duncan Barbour
- Proven durability in various international motorcycling events
- Utilized by army display teams and police forces
- Weather-resistant waxed cotton fabric for protection against the elements
- Barbour tartan lining for warmth and contrast