The Clearwater 10-Weight 15' 5-piece, two-handed Spey rods were custom designed and built for those who travel to the big salmon rivers of Scandinavia, the UK, Canadian Maritimes, and the big steelhead and salmon rivers of the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. Designed by Orvis rod designers and extensively field tested, both the 149-5 and the 1510-5 offer exceptional build, power, and the action to handle both Skagit heads and Scandi lines with ease. The 1510-5 is the longest and most powerful of the two-handed Clearwaters that can reach out across broad rivers, and it's the perfect rod for swinging the heaviest Skagit heads and Scandi lines smoothly and efficiently cast after cast.
The new Clearwater Rod Series is not just a cosmetic face-lift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 15' 10-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with gray rod tube
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Designed in Vermont
Rod outfit includes:
- Clearwater 1510-5 fly rod
- Battenkill V disc spey reel
- Mission Scandi 640gr, Mission Shooting Line .038"
- 200 yds. 30-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube