The Mission 6-piece, two-handed 10-weight 15' fly rods were custom designed and built for those who travel to the big salmon rivers of Scandinavia, the UK, Canadian Maritimes, and the big steelhead and salmon rivers of the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. Designed to handle both Skagit heads and Scandi lines with ease. The Mission 1510-6 is the longest and most powerful of the two-handed Mission rods that can reach out across broad rivers, and it's the perfect rod for swinging the heaviest Skagit heads and Scandi lines smoothly and efficiently, cast after cast.
The Orvis Mission Two-Handed Rod Series is a comprehensive American-made series encompassing the two-handed casting spectrum from compact and versatile 11-foot rods to big-water 14 and 15-foot models.
Mission rods are the result of Helios 3 design advancement techniques, tested by experts from the Pacific Northwest to Europe. Helios 3 construction design dampens vibrations making casts easier and more accurate with an inherent autocorrect that allows even a mediocre cast to be rescued by these rods.
The increased hoop strength we obtain by using H3 construction means less energy lost and more efficient energy transfer. It is easier to develop fluid power in the cast with less effort, because the rods dampen quicker with no wobble, shooting long casts with accurate presentation. Made in USA.
- 15' 10-weight, 6-piece rod
- Blanks are matte olive with orange accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Composite cork on grip in high wear areas
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a SiC insert
- Reel seat is downlocking, self-indexing, with a solid aluminum barrel
- Comes with orange aluminum rod tube with black anodized cap and collar
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Made in USA
Rod outfit includes:
- Mission 1510-6 fly rod
- Battenkill® Disc V Spey reel
- Mission Scandi 640 grain head, .038 diameter shooting line
- 30-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube