The Mission Two-Handed 6-Weight 12' Fly Rod is versatile for both Skagit and Scandi, and is designed for larger water when the summer steelhead run is on. Long enough to handle the two-hand casts necessary for bigger water, but light enough to make the smaller summer steelies a real challenge. An excellent rod for rivers such as the North Fork of the Salmon, the Klamath, the Trinity, and Great Lakes tributaries as well. Perfect for swinging small intruder flies like the Hobo Spey and other smaller salmon and steelhead streamers. An excellent rod for working higher in the water column.
The Orvis Mission Two-Handed Rod Series is a comprehensive American-made series encompassing the two-handed casting spectrum from compact and versatile 11-foot rods to big-water 14 and 15-foot models.
Mission rods are the result of Helios 3 design advancement techniques, tested by experts from the Pacific Northwest to Europe. Helios 3 construction design dampens vibrations making casts easier and more accurate with an inherent autocorrect that allows even a mediocre cast to be rescued by these rods.
The increased hoop strength we obtain by using H3 construction means less energy lost and more efficient energy transfer. It is easier to develop fluid power in the cast with less effort, because the rods dampen quicker with no wobble, shooting long casts with accurate presentation. Made in USA.
- 12' 6-weight, 4-piece rod
- Blanks are matte olive with orange accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Composite cork on grip in high wear areas
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a SiC insert
- Reel seat is downlocking, self-indexing, with a solid aluminum barrel
- Comes with orange aluminum rod tube with black anodized cap and collar
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Made in USA
Rod outfit includes:
- Mission 126-4 fly rod
- Battenkill® Disc IV Spey reel
- Mission Skagit 420 grain head, .031 diameter shooting line
- 30-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube