The Mission 6-piece, two-handed 9-weight 14' fly rods were custom designed and built for those who travel to the big salmon rivers of Scandinavia, the UK, Canadian Maritimes, and the big steelhead and salmon rivers of the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. Designed by Orvis rod designers to offer exceptional build, power, and action to handle both Skagit heads and Scandi lines with ease. The Mission 149-6 is the perfect big-water rod for someone who wants a powerful rod that's a bit lighter and easier to handle, but still offers the desired power and reach.
The Orvis Mission Two-Handed Rod Series is a comprehensive American-made series encompassing the two-handed casting spectrum from compact and versatile 11-foot rods to big-water 14 and 15-foot models.
Mission rods are the result of Helios 3 design advancement techniques, tested by experts from the Pacific Northwest to Europe. Helios 3 construction design dampens vibrations making casts easier and more accurate with an inherent autocorrect that allows even a mediocre cast to be rescued by these rods.
The increased hoop strength we obtain by using H3 construction means less energy lost and more efficient energy transfer. It is easier to develop fluid power in the cast with less effort, because the rods dampen quicker with no wobble, shooting long casts with accurate presentation. Made in USA.
- 14' 9-weight, 6-piece rod
- Blanks are matte olive with orange accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Composite cork on grip in high wear areas
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a SiC insert
- Reel seat is downlocking, self-indexing, with a solid aluminium barrel
- Comes with orange aluminium rod tube with black anodized cap and collar
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Made in USA
Rod outfit includes:
- Mission 149-6 fly rod
- Battenkill® Disc V Spey reel
- Mission Scandi 565 grain head, .038 diameter shooting line
- 30-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube