Spotted Horse Ranch, WY
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Lodge in Jackson, Wyoming.
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
Staff gratuity is included in the service fee...however, the fishing guide is not included in this fee. Airport transfers are provided, at a rate of $45.00 per trip, per vehicle. If a trip into the town of Jackson requested, we can arrange transfers at a rate of $35.00 per vehicle, per trip.
The SHR offers the following:
- Horseback riding
- Fly-casting lessons
- The Jackson Hole Rodeo (seasonal)
- Whitewater rafting or a scenic float
- A soak in Granite Hot Springs
- Guest laundry facility, free of charge
- Barbeque steak cookouts, with entertainment
In addition to wade fishing or fishing from a driftboat, our guests enjoy the added benefit of utilizing horses to access fish in remote creeks and streams. These areas are accessed from the Ranch, on the other side of the Hoback River.
What Should Customers Bring?
- Riding boots with heels for safety and secure horseback riding
- Sturdy hiking boots and/or sneakers
- Jeans and shorts
- Swim suit (hot tub!)
- Clothes you can layer
- A light jacket or sweater (polar fleece is great!), mornings and evenings can be cool!
- A rain jacket
- Water Bottle (Also available for purchase in gift shop; bottled water is not provided. We have great tap water!!)
- Hat/baseball cap
- Light Gloves
- Laptop computer or phone calling card - cell phones are out of range, but you can utilize Skype with the iPhones
Sample of Typical Itinerary
As an Orvis-endorsed lodge/guest ranch, our fly-fishing rates are based on the American Plan which includes the following:
- Newly decorated cabins, complete with goose down comforters and private baths
- All meals, served family style in our dining room
- Three days of fly fishing, choice of driftboat, wade, or horseback (seasonal)
- Horseback riding (if an angler would like to incorporate it or just take a day off)
- Beer and wine are complimentary at happy hour, 5-7pm each evening, along with appetizers
- Jacuzzi and sauna placed right alongside the Hoback River
- Guest laundry facility
Lodging, Meals, and Accommodations
All guests of the Spotted Horse Ranch stay in individual log cabins, with goose down comforters and private baths. Daily housekeeping service, hairdryers, shampoos/conditioners and coffee machines are supplied. Cabin configurations vary; please call regarding availability.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;