Alaska Sportsman's Lodge, AK
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Lodge in the Lake Iliamna/Bristol Bay region, Alaska.
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Alaska Sportsman's Lodge consists of a 4,000-sq. ft. main lodge that has a dining room, great room, bar, and double-sided wood burning fireplace. We have a shop in the loft for lodge logo wear purchases. Duplex guest cabins each have a private bathroom and two comfortable beds. The property is complete with a massage therapy cabin, sauna, and a very popular riverside gazebo that features an outdoor fireplace.
Food & Drink:
The culinary program at Alaska Sportsman's Lodge is five-star—and comparable to a restaurant in a major city—and we are in the middle of nowhere! We have four full-time culinary professionals that live on location to ensure that the dinning experience is on par with the outstanding fishing experience.
What is Provided:
All of our fishing packages at Alaska Sportsman's Lodge include:
- Air transportation between Anchorage and the lodge
- Fly-outs in our float-equipped aircraft to fish nearby rivers for the day, one guide per two anglers
- Comfortable, double-occupancy cabin accommodations with a private bathroom
- All necessary fishing gear
- ADF&G fishing license, salmon stamp, bed taxes, National Park Service use fees, private land use fees
- Wi-Fi in the main lodge
- Processing of any salmon kept, with airline-approved wet-lock fish box for transportation of your fish home
- Shipping of your fish to Anchorage
- Delicious meals, beer, wine and a hosted cocktail hour riverside at the end of the fishing each day.
- We have a large supply of Orvis waders and boots for you to use while with us
The package price does not include:
- Liquor (which you can bring with you)
- Massage therapy (which can be purchased at the lodge through our massage therapist)
- Tips for the staff, which average between 10 and 20% of the package price paid per person
However, a tip is earned and completely discretionary as to the amount, if any, left by the client for the staff.
We do not cut corners at Alaska Sportsman's Lodge. We take great pride in providing excellence in the customer service side of the destination sport fishing lodge business. You will find that we have a staff that is dedicated to ensuring you have a safe and enjoyable experience while with us. Our guides and pilots do this for their livelihood'this is not a part-time deal for them'this is their career.
The culinary program is world-class. Our professional chefs will create three delicious meals per day for you while here with us.
The location of the lodge is key. We are on the Kvichak River which connects Lake Iliamna (Alaska's largest lake) to Bristol Bay. We have superb fishing right in front of our lodge on the river and we use boats to access the many different fishing spots on the Kvichak. We also have aircraft that will fly you to the numerous nearby rivers to fish for the day.
Our location provides us the unique opportunity to either fish the home water or fly out for the day. The important point is that you have high quality fishing right in front of the lodge should weather prevent you from flying out on a particular day.
We provide a recommended gear list upon booking a trip to our lodge.
What to Bring:
We provide everything necessary to fish.
We operate from June 7-October 7 each year.
We target all five species of Pacific salmon (chinook, sockeye, coho, chum, and pink) as well as rainbow trout, Dolly Varden, Arctic grayling, and Arctic char. We also have excellent bear viewing opportunities.
Alaska Sportsman's Lodge is located on rolling tundra on the banks of the Kvichak River. This area is primarily soft rolling hills with mountain views in the area. We typically fish in mountainous terrain if we are not on the Kvichak. We fish a variety of different river sizes, from ones that you can easily cast across from bank-to-bank, to the Kvichak which is a wide, diverse river that requires a boat. We will walk and wade, drift-fish, float, and use jet boats on a variety of different rivers throughout the region.
Weather is hard to predict in Alaska other than to know that it changes quickly. We have long daylight days in June, July, and August. The solar exposure makes a 60-degree day feel like 80! Prepare for wind, rain, and 45 degrees and hope for the best. We do have many glorious days with some fantastic conditions.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;