What is Provided:
All of our fishing packages at Alaska Sportsman's Lodge include:
- Air transportation between Anchorage and the lodge
- Fly-outs in our float-equipped aircraft to fish nearby rivers for the day, one guide per two anglers
- Comfortable, double-occupancy cabin accommodations with a private bathroom
- All necessary fishing gear
- ADF&G fishing license, salmon stamp, bed taxes, National Park Service use fees, private land use fees
- Wi-Fi in the main lodge
- Processing of any salmon kept, with airline-approved wet-lock fish box for transportation of your fish home
- Shipping of your fish to Anchorage
- Delicious meals, beer, wine and a hosted cocktail hour riverside at the end of the fishing each day.
- We have a large supply of Orvis waders and boots for you to use while with us
The package price does not include:
- Liquor (which you can bring with you)
- Massage therapy (which can be purchased at the lodge through our massage therapist)
- Tips for the staff, which average between 10 and 20% of the package price paid per person
However, a tip is earned and completely discretionary as to the amount, if any, left by the client for the staff.
We do not cut corners at Alaska Sportsman's Lodge. We take great pride in providing excellence in the customer service side of the destination sport fishing lodge business. You will find that we have a staff that is dedicated to ensuring you have a safe and enjoyable experience while with us. Our guides and pilots do this for their livelihood'this is not a part-time deal for them'this is their career.
The culinary program is world-class. Our professional chefs will create three delicious meals per day for you while here with us.
The location of the lodge is key. We are on the Kvichak River which connects Lake Iliamna (Alaska's largest lake) to Bristol Bay. We have superb fishing right in front of our lodge on the river and we use boats to access the many different fishing spots on the Kvichak. We also have aircraft that will fly you to the numerous nearby rivers to fish for the day.
Our location provides us the unique opportunity to either fish the home water or fly out for the day. The important point is that you have high quality fishing right in front of the lodge should weather prevent you from flying out on a particular day.
We provide a recommended gear list upon booking a trip to our lodge.
What to Bring:
We provide everything necessary to fish.