Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide in Lake Placid, New York
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide Service
518-524-2697 firstname.lastname@example.org adkwildlife.com
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
What is Provided:
- New York State fishing license is required and must be on-hand while fishing—absolutely no exceptions!
- Hat and sunglasses required
- Most trips occur on the Ausable and Saranac rivers, as well as smaller streams in the region
- Group trips available with additional qualified and vetted guides
- Fly rods and waders available for additional cost
- Fly, leaders, tippets, and accessories are NOT included
- Refreshments and light snacks provided on half-day trips
- Delicious lunch spread provided on full-day trips
- Trips tailored to the best of our ability to the needs of anglers
- High-quality rain gear
- Fleece jacket
- Thermal pant layer for under the waders
- Non Deet bug repellent
- 5 wt. fly rod between 8 and 9 ft.
- Chest waders with felt or felt substitute (avoid cleated rubber bootfoot waders)
What to Bring (Additional):
- Hiking staff
March 15-November 30.
- Brown, Brook, & Rainbow Trout
- Landlocked Salmon
- Smallmouth & Largemouth Bass
Much of our fishing takes place in the High Peaks region of the northern Adirondack Park, a landscape shaped by the highest mountains of New York. The Adirondack landscape is blanketed with dense forest, countless bodies of water, and mountain marshland. Within this landscape is a variety of wildlife such as moose, deer, bears, beavers, eagles osprey, and loons. The terrain of the park can be rough at times, however, we try our best to tailor our trips to the angler's needs, with most of our fishing locations five to 15 minutes through the mildest terrain.
March/April/October/November in upstate NY can go from single digits and all out winter to 70s F and bright sun.
May/June weather can change often and quickly from spring-like weather of high 70s to low 30s.
July/August temps can be in the 90s, and as low as the 40s. Rain showers can move in very quickly and warm, dry days can bring evening temps in 30s. September daytime air temps can often be in the high 50s and 60s. The chance of unstable fall weather with mornings starting out in the low 30s increases towards the second half of this month.
Rates start from: Between $200 and $450 depending on number of clients. We can take up to three clients per guide. You can find more information at: https://adkwildlife.com/guided-fly-fishing
How do I get there/transportation?
There are two small airports in the area, one near Saranac lake (Lake Clear) and one just outside of the village of Lake Placid.
We do our best to make transportation reasonable for all, additional fees can be quoted after discussion and prior to the transportation .
- Touring the winter Olympic venues
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 21.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true. SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.