Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide in Northern California
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide
916-426-2082 916-812-7340 firstname.lastname@example.org mikepeaseadventures.com
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
Full day, typically meet at 8 a.m. near the fishing destination. Fishing until around 12 p.m. with approximate 30-min. lunch. Fish until 4:00-4:30 p.m. Beginning and ending times are flexible to meet client needs and/or to take advantage of hatches.
Half day can be either 8 a.m.-12 p.m. or 1-5 p.m. Beginning and ending times are flexible to meet client needs and/or to take advantage of hatches.
One, two, and three-day clinics and classes offered at the serene Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch near Graeagle, CA, which is approximately 2.5 hours from Sacramento. Information can be found at http://mikepeaseadventures.com.
What is Provided:
All trips include full equipment use (rod, reel, and terminal tackle including flies), transportation, and guide service. Lunch and beverages are provided for full-day trips and snacks are provided for ½ day trips.
Orvis recommended gear list by stream:
Middle Fork Feather River, Calaveras: 3 or 4 wt./7.5'- 8.5' Helios 2, Recon, Clearwater or Superfine rods and packages that include reels/line/etc.
North Fork Feather, Middle Fork American: 5 or 6 wt./8.5' Helios 3, Recon, or Clearwater rods and packages that include reels/line/etc.
Lower Yuba, Lower Feather, and Lower Sacramento: 6 wt. Helios 3, Recon, or Clearwater rods and packages that include reels/line/etc.
Safe Passage Sling Pack or Hydros Strap Fishing Vest.
What to Bring (Additional):
- California Fishing License. We cannot fish without it.
- Breathable chest-high waders and wading boots. Mandatory in spring, fall, or winter – optional in summer.
- Be prepared to wade: Wading shorts and wading shoes (summer only). OR chest-high waders and wading boots (see below).
- If wading shorts and wading shoes, then change of clothes each day.
- Sunglasses (polarized much preferred)
- Magnifying glasses and leash (for those of us that need them this is a must!). I use 3.0
- Clothes for hot, cold and rain: GORE-TEX rain slicker. I like SmartWool and/or fleece, bring layers.
- Extra clothes for after, in case you get wet.
- Breathable chest-high waders and wading boots –mandatory in spring, fall, or winter.
- Rod, 8.5' to 9', 5 or 6 weight is best.
- Reel, floating line, 7.5-10' leader ending in 4x. Bring 4x and 5x tippet.
- Varying size split shot, Thing-a-Ma-Bobber as indicator.
- Fly fishing vest
- Wading staff (old ski pole with a rope leash works well)
- Flies, (I will provide, but if you want for after our trip) nymphs (bead-head prince and bird's nest size 14). Dries (caddis size 14, parachute Adams size 16-12, and orange stimulator size 8-12)
- Polarized sunglasses
- Bathing suit for days we go swimming
- Knapsack for extra clothes and items
- Don't bring valuables that you have to leave in your car, just in case.
- Don't bring lunch, I will provide it :)
Sacramento Valley: All year.
Sierra Nevada Mountains: Last Saturday in April until November 15. (Season is subject to change due to new regulations coming out soon in California.)
Trout & Steelhead.
Northern California/Walk & Wade Fly Fishing Guide: Primary streams include Feather River (North Fork, Middle Fork, Lower), American (Lower, Middle Fork), Lower Yuba, Lower Sacramento, and Calaveras.
Fall, 60s-70s F.
Sierra Nevada Mountains:
Fall, 50s-60s F.
Rates start from: $210 for two hours of personal instruction; $400 for a 1/2-day guided trip; $520 for a full-day guided trip for 1-2 anglers.
You can find all pricing information at: http://www.mikepeaseadventures.com/
For Sierra guide dates, Greenhorn Ranch is suggested for lodging since we are able to use their stocked pond for instruction. Lodging can be arranged at: https://www.greenhornranch.com/
Guide dates in the Sierras typically originate at Greenhorn Ranch which is an exclusive dude ranch offering horseback riding and other activities. More information can be found at: https://www.greenhornranch.com/
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 21.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true. SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.