Milford Hills is an Orvis-endorsed hunting grounds in Johnson Creek, Wisconsin.
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
As the seasons change, so does the recommended field gear for upland hunting at Milford Hills. In the early part of the season, enjoy warmer temperatures, and come prepared with lighter field gear. As we move into the winter months, be sure to come equipped with leather boots and heavier weight apparel. Rubber boots are helpful for the spring as the fields begin to thaw and the snow melts.
Most hunters elect to carry a 12-gauge over/under in the field. We welcome all 12, 20 or sub-gauge shotguns in the field. Five shot, lead ammunition is the preferred ammunition. Our Trading Post Pro Shop carries our preferred ammunition, that way you don’t have to pack it for your trip.
What to bring (additional):
Sunscreen, sunglasses/eye protection, insect repellent, camera.
Hunting available from mid-September - March.
- Ringneck Pheasant
- Bobwhite Quail
Jefferson County is located in the glaciated portion of Wisconsin, and the topography and drainage patterns of the Rock River basin reflect diverse glacial landforms including drumlins, end moraines, kettle moraines, lakes, and eskers. The landscape features mixed hardwood and coniferous forests, farmlands, hills, glacial lakes, and rivers. Marshy areas and fertile river valleys with temperate weather enhance the agriculture produce while rolling hills and clear lakes provide some of the best recreational activities.
- September: 55°F (12.8°C) to 74°F (23.3°C)
- October: 32°F (0°C) to 62°F (16.7°C)
- November: 21°F (-6.1°C) to 46°F (7.8°C)
- December: 21°F (-6.1°C) to 34°F (1.1°C)
- January: 0°F (-17.8°C) to 30°F (-1.1°C)
- February: 3°F (-16.1°C) to 35°F (1.7°C)
- March: 14°F (-10°C) to 45°F (7.2°C)"
What Is Provided:
Your wingshooting experience at Milford Hills includes in-field bird pickup, bird cleaning, and bird packaging. You are not required to carry an upland bird-hunting license. We offer experienced pointer and flusher guides for your hunt; however, you are more than welcome to bring your own dog(s). Take advantage of our dog washing station before heading to the North Lodge for an overnight stay.
Lunch and dinner are served daily at our Clubhouse Restaurant. Breakfast is available on the weekends and available upon request. We also offer a full-service bar with professional and friendly wait staff.
Q. Can I bring my own dog?
Q. Do you have lodging on-site?
Q. Can I bring guests?
A. We allow up to four hunters in any given field at Milford Hills.
Q. Can I book more than one field?
A. Yes, you can book more than one field at a time if needed.
Q. Do I have to purchase a license to hunt at your facility?
Q. Do I have to be a member to hunt at Milford Hills?
A. No, you do not. We offer a variety of Stay and Play packages to accommodate you and your guests.
- Sporting Clays – We offer two 12-station sporting clay courses May through the end of October. Target presentations are varied on a daily basis.
- 5-Star Range (Pistol & Rifle) – We have a 50 bench, 50 to 100 yard rifle range and 25 yard pistol range and offer a shotgun patterning station as well.
- 5-Stand Warm-up Deck – Warm up before your hunt! Our 5-stand deck can facilitate 5 shooters at a time, with 6 traps that offer single and two report or true pair presentations and is open year-round. Add a 50 or 100 bird flurry for a more challenging and exciting warmup.
- 3D Archery and Archery Range – Our 3D Archery Course is a 15 station, 30-target course and our Archery Range has four block targets at 20, 40, 60, and 80 yards, open early May through mid-September. Targets available at our Trading Post Pro Shop.
- Private Shooting Instruction – Pistol and shotgun lessons taught by our knowledgeable and experienced staff.
- Pond Fishing – Cast your rod and relax by our professionally maintained 1-acre pond which is stocked with Hybrid bluegill, largemouth bass, and catfish. Great for fly fishing and recreational anglers. Catch and release only.
- European Hunts – A traditional European hunt that can facilitate up to 40 hunters and as many birds as you desire.
- Lodging – Private lodging which can accommodate 7-8 people comfortably.
- Special Annual Member Hunts – Annual quail and chukar competitive hunts.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;