Create a one-of-a-kind heirloom knife with this Scrimshaw Knife Kit. Scrimshaw or the art of carving images on bone dates back for hundreds of years and is immediately identified with the whaling culture of the 18th and 19th centuries. This kit includes a U.S.-made Bear & Son lock-back knife, step-by-step instructions, and everything else you need to learn and apply the forgotten art form; stainless steel drop point blade, smooth natural bone handles with nickel bolsters, hardened steel scribe, ½ Dram India ink, bamboo tracing tool, carbon paper, fine steel wool, ink applicators, and sample graphics. Knife is 3½" closed. Made in USA.
- Create a one-of-a-kind heirloom knife
- Try the art of scrimshaw carving
- Great gift for knife enthusiasts
- Includes everything you need and easy-to-follow instructions
- Knife is 3½" long, closed
- Made in USA