Capt. Drew Rodriguez
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide close to Miami & Ft. Lauderdale Airports
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
- Peacock bass, largemouth bass, and a wide array of both native and invasive species
- Miami Florida/Florida Everglades, and city canals
- First strictly freshwater Orvis-Endorsed guide in South Florida
- Rates $750 per day
- Great fishing year-round.
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
- Cuban coffee in the mornings
- Orvis rods, reels, and plenty of flies
- Lunch and drinks
We fly fish in both the city canals and the Everglades. The city canals consist of crystal-clear waters. This is where the biggest peacock bass in South Florida live. You can associate this area with TV shows you may have seen featuring people catching peacock bass in what appear to be their backyards. I call this area the Urban Amazon. The Florida Everglades is home to the most largemouth bass in the country. We catch them a lot on topwater poppers. Lately, the peacock bass has taken over certain areas. When the water is low, we're catching 100-plus fish. The Everglades is a nice, peaceful trip and is my favorite place in the world.
Where should I stay when booking a trip?
This information depends on what time of year you are coming and where we are fishing.
What do you provide?
I provide lunch and drinks. I have plenty of tackle. You can bring your own gear if you like, but if you come empty handed, that'd be okay, too.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 21.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true. SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.