Wyoming Wings and Waters - Wingshooting
Orvis-endorsed wingshooting guide an hour east of Yellowstone National Park.
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Ryan Aune / Wyoming Wings and Waters
Orvis-Endorsed Wingshooting Guide
(307) 388-8672 firstname.lastname@example.org wyomingwingsandwaters.com
- Sage grouse, sharp-tailed grouse, dusky grouse, ruffed grouse, huns, chukars, pheasant
- We operate throughout the whole state of Wyoming but pride ourselves on the diversity of hunting in the foothills of Yellowstone National Park
- Our guides pride themselves on their knowledge of upland birds in the area. They are friendly and passionate about providing an enjoyable experience with great food
- Rates start from $800/gun for a day rate
- Season starts Sept 1 and ends January 31
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
Since we hunt throughout the whole state, we suggest our guests purchase the day rate that includes a gourmet lunch. They then would be given suggestions for lodging and dining based on location. We do offer a lodging rate for those who insist on an all-inclusive experience. The lodging is typically based out of hotels.
Start your morning off right enjoying a beautiful Wyoming sunrise. Hold on tight while we venture off-road for an opportunity at shooting remote, “middle of nowhere coveys.” Do not let their lack of human interaction fool you, these will be some challenging wild coveys. After a humbling and hopefully rewarding morning of hunting, sit down in the field and take in the views as our guides prepare you a world-famous handcrafted creamy potato bird soup. This mouthwatering meal was designed by our owner and head guide, Ryan. After lunch, we will finish our day attempting to fill our vests with more feathers. On average, most hunters see anywhere from three to seven coveys a day, ranging from eight to 25 birds in a covey. Though we can't promise you full bags each day, we can promise you an experience that has left most saying their trip was worth a lifetime of birds. We cannot stress this enough: This trip is for someone who can appreciate truly wild birds in truly wild places.
***Most ingredients either come from Ryan's farm or are wild game. We take our time to provide you with unique, special, mouthwatering meals. ***
The itinerary is subject to change.
6:30 AM: Leave for hunt destination
7:00 AM: Begin hunting
9:00 AM: Snack break of Wild Wyoming handpicked raspberries and a granola bar
9:15 AM: Hunt
11:30 AM: Lunch in the field; we’ll grill up some birds we shot and add them to the gourmet creamy potato stew
12:30 PM: Leave to second hunt destination
1:00 PM: Hunt
4:00 PM: Head back to the hotel/lodge
What to Bring:
- Cold- and hot-weather gear. We do not supply clothing.
- A good pair of waterproof boots
- Shotgun shells
- Wyoming bird license and conservation stamp (only needed if you buy the yearly license)
- Drinks or snacks if you do not prefer the generic snacks, water, or Gatorade that is provided
Surrounded by mountains, the foothills and plains of Wyoming do not lack a scenic background. We will be hunting on a diverse set of landscapes: anywhere from flat mesas on top of canyon walls to the bottom on the creek. We could also be hunting in rolling grassland hills to the steep foothills of the mountains. As we work away from the mountains, we get into the flat farmland, where there's opportunity for pheasant in creek bottoms, cattail sloughs, and the edges of farm fields.
***See below for sage grouse rates.
***See below for rate details.
- $800/gun for two+ bird hunters
- $1,400 for a single bird hunter
- 3 night/2 day – $2,500/gun for 2+ bird hunters
- 3 night/2 day – $3,800 for a single bird hunter
add $1,000/day for each additional day.
Sage Grouse Rates:
- Full Day – $1,000/gun for two+ bird hunters
- $1,800 for a single bird hunter
- 3 night/2 day – $3,500/gun for 2+ bird hunters
- 3 night/2 day – $5,000 for a single bird hunter
Please visit https://www.wyomingwingsandwaters.com/upland-hunting-rates for more information.
I would like to book a sharp-tailed grouse and hun trip. Where should I stay?
We advise that you book your sharp-tailed grouse trip expecting to hunt only sharpies; anything else would be an unlikely bonus.
Can I hunt chukars and huns in the same walk?
There are a few spots where we can get into both on the same walk, but usually we are hunting chukars and then driving down the road and hunting huns. It is reasonable to shoot both in one day, though.
What if I limit out of sage grouse early in the day?
Your guide will go above and beyond to fill the rest of your day with a good experience. Unfortunately, in certain areas, sage grouse might be the only species you run into that day. We suggest talking with Ryan during booking and he can set you up in a multi-species area if that's more of what you're looking for.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 21.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true. SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.