Wollaston Lake Lodge
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Lodge in northern Saskatchewan
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
All of Wollaston Lake Lodge’s cabins are modern in design and convenience. Cabins easily accommodate up to eight people in complete comfort. Each of our 21 cabins are equipped with thermostatically controlled electric heat, allowing you to be in charge of your own comfort. You’ll find private bathrooms in each, complete with plush towels. Our beds are dressed with exceptionally soft flannel sheets. You’ll also find a small refrigerator. Ice is delivered every afternoon directly to your cabin. Upon waking, you’ll even find a thermos of hot coffee waiting for you right outside your door.
Our workout room will help keep you in fish-fighting shape, while our licensed massage therapist will knead those tired muscles back into that feeling of “ahhh.” Now, imagine finishing it all off with a relaxing sauna. A perfect way to close a perfect day at Wollaston Lake Lodge. You’ll also find an impressive wine selection, lounge with full bar, and a fully-stocked tackle shop.
No worries if you need to keep in contact with your business or family, or simply brag about your fishing success. We supply wireless internet, satellite television, as well as telephone and fax services in the lodge.
Food & Drink:
Our 5-star chef team offers a variety of meal selections. Begin each day with a breakfast made to order. The pastry and bread chef will enhance your meals with fresh baked goods daily. Then, when sitting down to enjoy your choice of dinner, you can choose from our extensive wine list and complete your evening meal with a decadent dessert. Our portions will satisfy the hungriest appetite while our presentations impress.
There are no set times for you to come to dinner. This is your Wollaston experience and you should set the plan. All meals are cooked to order and special requests are graciously welcomed.
Special dietary requirements are, of course, no problem for our team. Our chef and wait staff are dedicated to making your culinary experiences just as memorable as your fishing.
What is Provided:
- Round-trip charter flight from Winnipeg to the Lodge
- One night of hotel accommodations in Winnipeg on northbound journey (based on double occupancy)
- Shuttle service between hotel and airport in Winnipeg
- Hearty breakfast, shore lunch with beverages, hors d'oeuvres, and dinner with house wine
- Comfortable modern cabins with hot showers
- High-speed wireless internet
- Daily housekeeping/laundry service
- Professional guide for every two anglers
- Use of main lodge with lounge and meeting facilities
- Fully-equipped Lund Pro-V boats with depth finders, trolling motors, spring-ride pedestal seating, and raised casting decks
- Complimentary use of our Orvis fly rod combinations
Optional extras: Liquor, tackle, gratuities, confectionery items, rental of fishing equipment, daily fly-outs or fly-backs, and therapeutic massage.
Flyrods, Reels, Lines for Northern Pike
- Helios or Recon flyrods in 9 or 10 wt.
- Mirage or Access reels for Helios or Recon rods
- Orvis Hydros HD Ignitor full floating for June or July and intermediate sink tip for August. Or Orvis Pro Ignitor Fly Line -Textured full floating.
- Orvis Mirage tippet material 30 lb.
- Scientific Anglers Predator Wire Single Strand tiable bite wire
- Orvis Braided Dacron Backing 30 lb. or Quick-Sight Fluorescent Orange Backing 30 lb.
Flyrods, Reels, Lines for Arctic Grayling
- Clearwater, Recon or Helios 5 wt. combos
- Orvis Pro Trout Line, Smooth 5 wt.
- Orvis Mirage tippet material 6 lb.
- Orvis Braided Dacron Backing 12-20 lb. or Quick-Sight Fluorescent Orange Backing 20 lb.
What to Bring:
We suggest that you plan for all weather conditions, with clothing layers that can be added or subtracted. Quality wind shirts, polar fleece, rain suits, and other sportswear items are available at our tackle shop in the main lodge. Quality polarized sunglasses are highly recommended to enjoy the sight fishing opportunities. We sell Costa DelMar in our tackle shop. A dry bag for storing your rain suit and camera while fishing is also recommended.
Our schedule is based on four days of fishing. Beginning with our first charter flight into the lodge on June 9th thru our last trip in on August 16th, our plane arrives every four days.
Northern pike, lake trout, walleye, and Arctic grayling are available throughout the season.
Wollaston Lake, located in far northeastern Saskatchewan, Canada, is one of the world's natural treasures. The largest freshwater lake in the world to drain into two different oceans, this 800-square mile lake is fed by numerous rivers that pour highly-oxygenated water into the bays. 200 miles from the nearest city, this is a true wilderness area.
June brings the spring thaw as we watch the ice leave the big lake. Average temps range from high 70s F during the day to low 40s F in the evening. July has daytime averages of 75 F to evening low at 55 F average with extremes only at 85 F! The August fishing temps are mid 70s to high 40s in the evening.
When is the best time to come?
Our highest number of fish per boat normally occurs in the first half of our season. The 'nicest' weather seems to occur during July with August seeing us catch our heaviest northern pike of the season.
I'd like to learn how to fly fish. Can you teach me?
Absolutely! Our guides are very well-versed in teaching guests the basics of fly-casting and fishing. A 'Fly Fishing 101' class is given one evening per trip. These pike are voracious feeders and readily attack the fly. For advanced anglers, specific techniques can be worked on and improved.
Can I bring fish home?
We have practiced a strict catch-and-release policy for 30 years. The only exception is your daily shore lunch, provided by your guide, from the fish you caught that day.
Are gratuities customary?
Like most lodges, our guides are normally tipped by those guests they guide directly. We recommend 10-12%. Our shore-staff personnel pool their tips and divide them evenly. We recommend 4% of cost of the package.
Our August visitors are often treated to a nightly display of the northern lights. Photography lessons by our staff can help those who visit capture these stunning natural wonders.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;