Captain Joe Mattioli
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide in New York
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
You can bring 8, 9, or 10 wt. fly-fishing outfits with deep-sinking lines, 300-500 grain intermediate lines, and floating for topwater.
What to Bring:
Layers of clothing, non-slip shoes, sunglasses food, and snacks
- April: Start of the striped bass spring run
- May: Striped bass spring run is in full swing, bluefish arrive
- June: Striped bass, bluefish, and weakfish arrive
- July: Inshore, striped bass, bluefish, and weakfish; offshore, mahi and tuna
- August: Inshore, striped bass, bluefish, and weakfish; offshore, mahi and tuna
- Inshore: Striped bass, bluefish, weakfish, false albacore
- Offshore: Mahi/mahi, false albacore, and tuna
We fish Raritan Bay, New York Harbor, Jamaica Bay, Breezy Point, and Sandy Hook Bay. Shallow water flats and back bay beaches, ocean beaches and channels and deep water offshore ocean waters
- April: 40-60° F
- May: 60-75° F
- June: 65-85° F
- July: 70-85° F
- August: 75-85° F
- September: 60-75° F
- October: 50-60° F
- November: 40-50° F
New York City's Hudson River is the gateway to the striped bass spawning grounds. The spring run is spectacular! Striped bass must travel through the Hudson to spawn, and these fish are huge! It is common to catch fish in the 20–40 pound class. It's the ultimate time to catch a trophy striper.
Late spring, schools of marauding bluefish move in and feed all day long. Casting flies and lures is a sure way to hookup. Pound for pound, they are the toughest fish in the ocean. They will test your tackle to the max!
False albacore arrive in September. They are the ultimate inshore fish to catch on a fly. These speedsters will get you into backing in a heartbeat! The fight is incredible!
The fall run begins in late September. All species are on the feed before they make their journey to their wintering grounds. It's possible to get a New York Slam (all species in one day).
4-Hour trip for 2 anglers $625, additional anglers $50 per person, up to 5 anglers total. Please visit http://www.flyfishnyc.com/RATES.htm for more details.
What is Provided:
We provide all the fly and spinning gear, which includes rod, reel, flies, lures, line, and leaders at no charge. Beverages: Water, seltzer, and soda on ice all complimentary.
We are located within 30 to 40 minutes of all local airports. We can arrange car service to and from the boat at an additional charge. We can also pick up by boat at Pier 25 in Manhattan (additional charge) or at Atlantic Highlands, NJ (no charge).
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;