Ellensburg Angler, WA
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide Service in Ellensburg, Washington
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
The Yakima River is open year-round with the peak season June through October. Rocky Ford Spring Creek is open year-round with the peak season November through May. Naches River opens the first Saturday in June and closes October 31. The peak season is mid-July through October 31.
- Yakima River: Rainbow and West Slope cutthroat trout
- Rocky Ford Spring Creek: Rainbow trout
- Naches River: Rainbow and West Slope cutthroat trout
Our main focus is the Yakima River, from Roza Dam upstream, targeting wild rainbow and cutthroat trout. We have almost 80 miles of great catch-and-release water to fish, from the high desert of the famous Yakima River Canyon all the way to the tree-lined banks of the Upper Yakima.
We also offer guided trips on the Naches River for native cutthroat trout and Rocky Ford Spring Creek for rainbow trout.
Winter weather can be very frigid, but starting in March we will begin to see warmer days, along with better fishing. Spring in the Kittitas Valley is very mild (we receive less than 10 inches of rainfall annually) and by May it is consistently warm and sunny. We will continue to see warm, stable weather through the middle of October. Although we have a very mild climate, the weather can change suddenly, especially in the spring, so we recommend guests come prepared with wet-weather gear.
Rates start from: $325.00
You can find all pricing information at: ellensburgangler.com
What is Provided:
We provide Orvis gear for use free of charge if necessary, including rods, reels, waders, and boots. Please bring your own wet-weather gear. Additionally, know we have plenty of Orvis demo rods and reels for you to try anytime. Guides provide flies, leader, tippet, and all other terminal tackle, as well as non-alcoholic beverages, snacks, and lunch (if included in the trip).
What Should Customers Bring?
- Washington State Freshwater Fishing License
- Lightweight/breathable waders with layers underneath
- Felt or vibram-soled wading boots
- Rain jacket, fully waterproof
- Hat, baseball style or wide-brimmed, for sun and eye protection
- Polarized sunglasses
- Sunscreen, SPF 30 or higher
- Insect repellent
- Buff or other protective sun clothing
- Sandals for summer floats
- Wading boots with felt or vibram soles
Fly Fishing Checklist:
- Rods and Reels
- 8_ or 9ft rod with 4, 5 or 6 wt. line for trout
- 3 or 4 wt. rod for small streams or desert creeks
Leaders and Tippets
- 9 to12 ft. tapered leaders from 3X to 5X
- Spools of 3X, 4X, 5X, 6X tippet material
- Guides will have all leader and tippet material as well
Other Standard Gear:
- Fishing vest, hip-chest pack, or other product to hold gear
- Fly floatant, paste, or powder
What to Bring:
Personal medical supplies and prescriptions
- Spare corrective eyewear, glasses, or contacts
- Day pack
Q. Are pets allowed?
A. We do allow non-aggressive pets on guided trips. Pets should be comfortable around water and in a boat.
Q. Can I keep my catch?
A. No, all of the waters that we guide on are catch-and-release only.
Q. Can you cater to people with limited mobility?
A. We can cater to people with limited mobility on our Yakima River guided trips. Unfortunately, for both the Naches River and Rocky Ford Spring Creek, we are unable to cater to people with limited mobility due to the amount of walking and terrain of the areas.
Q. Can you cater to people with food allergies?
A. Yes, however it may be better if you bring your own lunch/snacks if you have very specific dietary needs.
Q. Do you provide Washington state fishing licenses?
A. No, you will need to get a Washington state freshwater fishing license before your trip with us through https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov.
Q. What is the closest airport to you?
A. The closest major airport is Sea-Tac, in Seattle, WA. The closest regional airport is Yakima Air Terminal in Yakima, WA or Pangborn Memorial Airport in Wenatchee, WA.
We also offer eco-floats, rowing lessons, and private casting lessons. Give us a call for more details.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;