Weather in South Texas is usually warm but combined with the gulf sea breeze it can be pleasant on the water. Spring, summer, and fall you can expect temperatures in the 90s F with a higher humidity. In the spring, we still have the occasional front passing through that will increase wind and rain opportunities. Summer brings higher temperatures with possibility of afternoon showers. The warmer temperatures are still carried through in the early fall; as we approach winter months, we will have occasional cold fronts push through cooling the temperatures down. Early winter, temperatures may still be in the 80s but by January and February you will have increased cold fronts, which will cause temperatures to be in the 40 to 60 range.
- Fly rod/reel setups: Peferably a 7 wt to 8 wt with floating line
- Polarized sunglasses: Amber, copper, or rose lens colors
- Hat, sunscreen, and wading boots if we decide to venture outside the boat
- Windbreaker or rain jacket may be necessary if a shower decides to spring up
- Appropriate clothing for the summer and winter weather