Angler's Covey, CO
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Outfitter / Fly Shop in Colorado Springs, Colorado
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
Our Fly Shop:
Angler’s Covey is a 6,500 square foot shop conveniently located on Hwy 24, right on your way up the mountain. Our size enables us to carry a large selection of rods, reels, flies, tackle, fly tying materials, clothing, and more! Our two casting ponds, located just outside our back door, enable you to cast and compare rods before buying.
Sample of Typical Trip:
We design our trips around you – whether you’re looking for large trout, lots of trout, want to hone your skills, or see some amazing scenery on the trip, we do our best to exceed your expectations. Most of our trips are walk and wade, although we do provide stillwater angling with the use of a boat or float tube.
What is Provided to Customer:
Our guide trips include: (You're welcome to bring your own)
- Orvis Endorsed Guide
- Fly rod and reel, line and tippet
- Orvis breathable waders
- Lunch (full day trips)
Trips do not include:
- Guide gratuity
- Colorado fishing license ($9 for one day)
What Should Customers Bring:
- A great attitude for a fun day!
- Layered clothing for varying weather conditions
- Sunglasses (polarized, preferably)
- Hat with a rim
- Waterproof camera
- Personal equipment and gear
Species You Fish For By Season:
Year-round we fish for rainbow, brown, and cutthroat trout. We also fish for pike, carp, muskies, and wipers.
Region/Terrain Where You Fish:
Angler's Covey has the largest commercial-use permit for the South Platte River, giving you access to more areas of fantastic trout water including Elevenmile Canyon, Cheesman Canyon, Deckers, the Dream Stream, and more. Much of this is designated Gold Medal Waters. We also guide on the tailwaters of the Arkansas River at Pueblo, the Meadows on the North Fork of the South Platte, as well as some excellent private water.
Typical Weather by Season:
With over 300 days of sunshine we fish year-round.
- Spring (40's - 60's) Ice-off late March
- Summer (70's - 80's) Typically sunny mornings, late afternoon rain
- Fall (50's - 60's) First snow, late September
- Winter (20's - 40's) Look for occasional 50-degree days in January!
- One Angler: $295
- Two Anglers: $395
- Three Anglers: $495
- One Angler: $395
- Two Anglers: $495
- Three Anglers: $595
Is a fishing license required?
A valid Colorado fishing license is required to fish any of our locations in Colorado, and State Wildlife Areas do require a Habitat Stamp.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;