PRO Outfitters' Sharptail Lodge, MT
Orvis-Endorsed Wingshooting Lodge in Geyser, Montana.
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Pro Outfitters' Sharptail Lodge
406-442-5489 email@example.com prooutfitters.com
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
Guests stay in luxury yurts with private bathrooms; gas fireplaces & some of the most spectacular views in Montana. Meals are a special occasion often celebrating local produce and the wild game birds you harvested.
What Should Customers Bring?
Weather in Montana can be very unpredictable. We always recommend bringing an extra layer - just in case!
- Good Boots: Most important item, lots of walking! They should be broken in, not a brand new pair of leather boots. You would be better off with comfortable pair of lightweight hiking boots. Merrell’s are a good example. For hunting pheasant, full length waterproof hiking boots are recommended.
- Hunting Pants: Comfortable. Heavy briar pants are not necessary.
- Hunting Shirts: Comfortable, loose fitting, 2 lightweight and 1 medium-weight.
- Hunting Vest: Something to carry shells and a water bottle, orange is preferred.
- Hunting Cap/Hat: Orange is preferred.
- Hunting Coat: Anything that is weather and wind resistant.
- Rain Coat: Good quality.
- Socks: Good quality walking socks.
- Gun: 20 or 12 gauge - Your choice. Will shoot 7's for sharptail & Huns, and 6's for pheasant.
- Other Items: Fleece vest, jacket or pullover, Capilene long johns (light or medium-weight), shooting gloves, shooting glasses, and stocking cap.
Sample of Typical Itinerary
Breakfast at the Sharptail; and depart for hunting. Depending on the desired hunt for the day – drive times of 15 minutes to an hour are possible. Guests will enjoy a morning hunt; followed by lunch in a local restaurant. An afternoon hunt wraps up the hunting day and guests return to the lodge for showers and dinner. Dinner often includes the wild game you harvested.
Species You Hunt by Season
Early bird season we hunt sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge and after about the 7th of October we include ring-neck pheasant.
Region/Terrain Where You Hunt
Over 200,000 acres of leased ground covering ranches from Cascade to Hobson. Terrain includes shrubby coulees, grasslands, farm ground, and timbered slopes. It is "Big Open" country, home to a few friendly people and abundant sharptail grouse, Hungarian partridge, and ring-necked pheasant. We have always hunted only wild birds over excellent dogs in a portion of Montana that sits well off the beaten path.
Bring your own dog or hunt with ours. They'll enjoy running big through a well-managed mosaic of grasslands, shrubby coulees and creek bottoms butted against the timbered slopes of the mountains. We offer three and four day packages during September, October and November. The four day package may include a day of fishing on the famous Missouri River or several other small world class freestone creeks and rivers.
Typical Weather by Season
Anyone who knows anything about Montana knows how difficult it is to predict the weather here. At PRO Outfitters, our favorite saying is, "If you do not like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change!" This applies to all seasons and makes the "dress in layers" philosophy really practical. You can’t go wrong if in March through June and September through November you prepare for anything. And July through August you prepare for most things!
September 1st through the middle of November
What is Provided to Customer
Guided upland wild bird hunting with dogs, breakfast and dinner; overnight accommodations, airport transportation if necessary; shells – 12’s & 20’s; shotguns – if necessary. Please call ahead and discuss with Brandon.
Q. How do I get to the property?
A. Guests either rent a vehicle or if we can – we will pick you up in Great Falls.
Q. Where do guests typically fly in and out of?
A. Guests typically fly in and out of Great Falls, about an hour from our lodge.
Q. If I am driving, how do I get there?
A. Directions to Sharptail Lodge:
From Great Falls:
- Head east on Highway 87/200 approximately 45 miles to Geyser.
- From the Geyser schoolhouse (on your left), continue for 1.5 miles (toward Stanford) on the same highway.
- Turn right (south) on the gravel road immediately past mile marker #23. The road is marked with a brown Forest Service sign: "Lonetree Road".
- Travel straight for 4.1 miles until the road T's.
- Turn right and continue for 2.2 miles.
- Turn left at the mailbox marked PRO. You will see the Sharptail Lodge on your right. Can't miss it!
- Travel west on Hwy 87/200 to Stanford (approximately 45 miles).
- Continue past Stanford on Hwy 87/200 approximately 13 miles.
- Turn left immediately before mile marker #23. Travel straight for 4.1 miles until the road T's.
- Turn right and continue for 2.2 miles.
- Turn left at the mailbox marked PRO. You will see the Sharptail Lodge on your right – Can't miss it!
If you get lost, or need any help – please call:
- Brandon Boedecker: 406-439-4343 (cell)
On-site & Off-site Activities
Our philosophy is that these days - we, as a society, are barraged with too many options – from advertisements to media to 10 page menus. At PRO Outfitters - we do two things & do them really well: We fly fish & hunt wild birds in some of the most beautiful places on earth, with the best guides around. Don’t get us wrong - we enjoy all that goes along with that - including wildlife viewing; star gazing; marshmallow roasting; bird watching & reconnecting with yourself and the family and friends you brought along. If you are looking to be entertained by 10-20 other options – we probably aren’t the right place for you. If you want to relax & fly fish; or hunt wild game birds & be well taken care of by a very special place and group of people – give us a try.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 21.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true. SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.