Top 10 Tips To Avoid Heatstroke
- Know the Symptoms of Early Heat Stroke: Unanticipated Restlessness, Excessive Heavy Panting, Drooling, Weakness, Confusion
- Never Leave Your Pet in the Car on a Sunny, Hot or Humid Day.
- Buy a $10 Kiddie Pool and Fill It with Cool Water.
- Avoid the Beach and Pavement when the Sun is Out – Paw Pads Can Burn.
- Always Provide Access to Shade and Fresh Water.
- Wrap a Freezer Pack in a Towel and Allow Your Dog to Lay Next to It.
- Avoid Being Active with Your Pet During the Peak Heat of the Day.
- Use Fans. Dogs Depend on Evaporation for Cooling Off.
- Play it Safe on Hot, Humid Days – Use Air Conditioning.
- Freeze an Ice Treat – Beef or Chicken Broth Make Great Frozen Snacks.
You may also like:
Dr. Bo Bergman, DVM, West Mountain Animal Hospital, Vermont and Orvis.