Almost Heaven Plantation
Almost Heaven Plantation is located only one hour from Savannah International Airport.
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Almost Heaven Plantation
Orvis-Endorsed Wingshooting Lodge
(864) 933-3116 firstname.lastname@example.org almostheavenplantation.com
- Bobwhite quail hunting and trophy bass fishing
- Located in the heart of the South Carolina Lowcountry
- First-class accommodations with private king-size suites
- Traditional Southern-style cuisine
- Package Rates Available
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
Packages are available to include only wingshooting or can be combined with our lodging package to include a full day’s hunt, three homecooked meals, and a sound night’s sleep. The Plantation Inn includes ten private bedrooms, all with king-sized beds and full ensuite baths. Guests will be able to experience the luxuries of a first-class lodge, while still having all the comforts of home. Each room is tastefully decorated with plush and comfortable bedding. A separate gun room is also provided for all overnight guests to fully clean and store their hunting gear. After dinner, guests can relax around one of our four outdoor firepits or compete in a competitive game of billiards, foosball, shuffleboard, hatchet toss, or even cards.
Day 1: Arrive at Almost Heaven Plantation
- Check-in around 4:00PM
- For flights coming in from Savannah, Georgia, travel time is approximately one hour
- For flights coming in from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, travel time is approximately one hour
- For flights coming in from Charleston, South Carolina travel time is approximately one-and-a-half hours
- Transportation to and from airports may be scheduled with your reservation
- Some guests may choose to book a sunset trophy bass fishing trip, providing time to unwind from their travels while reeling in some prize memories.
- Dinner will be served in our grand dining room, where no proper attire is required to enjoy a Southern home-cooked meal. We assure you that no guest will leave hungry after indulging in some of our family recipes featuring local game.
- After dinner, guests can relax around the fire, watch a ball game, or compete in a friendly game of billiards, foosball, shuffleboard, hatchet toss, or even cards.
Day 2–3: Full-Day Quail Hunting
- Southern-style breakfast designed to your liking
- Meet with our hunt master, local expert guides, and world-class gundogs
- Participate in our safety meeting and view our video presentation
- Guests depart for their morning hunt on our fully-equipped superior trucks
- Arrive back at The Grandview Room for lunch to be served per your request with some designated time to recharge for your afternoon hunt.
- Depart for afternoon hunt to complete your wingshooting experience
- Dinner served in the main dining room or outside under our events space
Typically October 15 through March 31
Hunting is done by way of our fully-equipped trucks and using English Pointers and Setters as our guides through the longleaf pine timber forests. Almost Heaven Plantation designed its courses to provide guests with a different experience on every hunt. Hunters are able to view historic live oak trees, waterfront, and a variety of fields along their way. The local flora provides a natural habitat, which protects and nourishes our prized bobwhites. A hunt party is guided, driven, and serviced by a hunt master and assistant guide.
Trophy Bass Fishing
Our bass-fishing excursions are a year-round endeavor but excel during the months of November to May. Guests have the option to base their trip solely around fishing or split their day with quail hunting. Almost Heaven’s 85+ acre bass lake took over four years of construction to achieve its optimum goal. The lake can compete with any other in the world for holding the most amount of structure possible. It creates the ideal habitat for trophy-sized fish, with a current lake largemouth bass record of 9.8lbs.
Typical Weather by Season
Almost Heaven Plantation is located within the heart of the Lowcountry in the southernmost part of South Carolina. Fall, winter, and early spring can have a variety of temperatures that make it hard to predict a weather forecast in advance. Typically, hunters are recommended to wear layers of clothing, so they can adjust to weather on that day.
What Should Customers Bring?
- Layered clothing
- Orange Hat & Vest
- Briar-Proof Chaps/Field Pants
- Light Rain Jacket
- Safety Glasses & Ear Protection (available on site)
- South Carolina hunting license
How Do You Hunt?
No matter the size of the hunting party, there will always be a maximum of two shooters on the ground at a time. Hunters are expected to take turns shooting with the rest of their party in pairs.
Can I Bring My Dog?
Yes, guests are welcome to bring their own dogs for their hunt but are required to present proof of vaccination records (including the Bordetella vaccine for kennel cough) at least ten days prior to your hunt. Dogs are also welcome to stay in our kennels overnight or at the lodge in their own kennel for an additional pet fee.
How Much Should I Plan for Gratuities?
Our guides and staff strive to provide every guest with a personal and genuine experience during their time at Almost Heaven Plantation. Our mission is to educate and innovate the traditional wingshooting experience for all those participating. You should offer gratuities as you see fit. If your service and experience has been outstanding, you might want to tip more than the recommended standard. If you feel that your service has not been adequate, it would be appreciated if you would express your concern to one of the managers or owners, so that we can immediately correct any of your concerns.
Can I Bring My Own Boat?
No, we currently do not allow any outside boats in due to risk of cross contamination in the waters.
Can I Fish Without a Guide?
No, due to the mass amount of structure that we worked so hard to achieve, we do not allow any type of fishing without the presence of a guide.
What Other On-Site Activities Are Available?
- Quail Hunting
- Trophy Bass Fishing
- Bream Fishing
- Whitetail Doe Hunting
- Hatchet Toss
- Sporting Arrows
- Rifle Range
- Corn Hole
What Other Off-Site Activities Are Available?
- Excursions to Beaufort for historic tours, shopping, and lunch.
- Excursions to Bluffton for golfing, shopping, and lunch.
- Excursions to Hilton Head Island for beaches, shopping, and lunch.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 21.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true. SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.