Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Lodge on the Yucatan Peninsula in Southern Mexico
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
- Permit, bonefish, tarpon, snook, barracuda, trigger fish, jacks
- Fish the flats of the Meso-American reef, the second-largest reef system in the world
- Enjoy a large fishery with the lowest pressure on the Yucatan or Belizean coast
- Package rates begin at $3,295 per angler for 4 nights/3 days of fishing
- Year-round availability for great fishing!
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
The lodge is a purely oceanfront lodge with eight rooms. All the rooms located in the main lodge sleep two guests, and each has a balcony overlooking the ocean. The total capacity is just 16 anglers. The comfortable lodge rooms are air conditioned for sleeping comfort. Just steps from the accommodations is our onsite private dock, where guests are picked up to go fishing each day. The 'Posh Jacks' bar and restaurant is a beautiful oceanside palapa, where daily breakfast, dinner, and evening shenanigans unfold.
- Transfers from the Cancun airport included in the packages.
- Charter flight available from Cancun to get you very close.
- Orvis rods available on-site if you would like to travel light, as well as a fully stocked fly shop to use with most up-to-date patterns.
- Amenities include a small fitness center, kayaks, bicycles, and snorkel gear for great snorkeling right off the beach.
The water here at the Xflats is diverse and plentiful. The oceanside flats where the lodge is located are extremely rich with fish and wonderful to fish when the wind is low. Chetumal Bay is a 15-minute boat run to the entrance and offers a vast range of fishing opportunities as well as protection from the wind. We also have a vast lagoon system full of baby tarpon and snook.
Prices vary based on number of days fishing, whether you’re fishing with a partner, and whether you would like to fly a charter to get closer to this remote location.
For our standard double room/double boat shuttle transfer from Cancun:
- 7 Nights Lodging, 6 Days Fishing: $4,195, each
- 6 Nights Lodging, 5 Days Fishing: $3,895, each
- 5 Nights Lodging, 4 Days Fishing, $3,595, each
- 4 Nights Lodging, 3 Days Fishing: $3,295, each
Please visit thexflats.com/pricing for more information.
Is the Xflats a good location for a new saltwater angler?
Yes. Even though the skill to catch a permit takes a lot of preparation, the amount here mixed with the vast amount of bonefish opportunities makes the Xflats an enjoyable place for all levels.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;