Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide in Fredonia, New York
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
What is Provided to Customer
All equipment is provided for your trip: rods, reels, flies, instruction, and images from the trip. Most requests for waders and boots are fulfilled unless we do not have your size.
What Should Customers Bring?
The clothing a client needs depend on the time of year but generally you should bring:
- good polarized glasses - amber lenses
- warm hat - ideally a waterproof, breathable, fleece baseball cap
- neck warmer
- polypropylene undershirt, breathable - thickness depends on temperatures
- fleece pullover
- waterproof, breathable wading jacket
- polypropylene underwear, breathable - thickness depends on temperatures
- fleece pants
- waterproof breathable waders
- wading boots - ideally cleated felt in the fall and spring and cleated rubber in the winter when there is snow on the ground
- two pairs of wool or fleece fingerless gloves
- hand warmers - depending on temperature
- New York State fishing license
Sample of Typical Itinerary
Although our schedule changes throughout the season depending on available light and water temperatures, we start our days by meeting at my house or me picking you up at your hotel. Then we fish for around 4-5 hours after which we return to our home for a hot home-cooked lunch and beverages prepared by my wife, Janeil. We usually finish of the lunch with dessert and a bit of port before we go back on the stream for another 3-4 hours of fishing.
A special tour of his studio can be scheduled during your stay and a watercolor or oil painting of your trophy steelhead or favorite stretch of water can also be commissioned. This is a perfect way to remember the day’s events or as a gift for a special friend, business associate, or family member.
Watercolors – around 6 x 10 - $1,200
Oil paintings – 15.5 x 33 – $2,000
Oil paintings – 33 x 48 – $4,000
Oftentimes the best gift is a fond memory. Let us try to create a lifelong memory for you and your guests.
Species Your Fish for by Season
Steelhead and brown trout from October through May.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where am I located?
A. We are located in the town of Fredonia, NY on the banks of a steelhead stream that is about a 45-minute drive west from Buffalo.
Q. Where are the closest airports?
A. Buffalo International Airport, Buffalo, NY (major airport); Jamestown Airport, Jamestown, NY (regional); or Dunkirk Airport, Dunkirk, NY (local).
Q. Where should I rent a car?
A. Rental car is available at airport or pick up available for $200 round-trip from Buffalo Airport (45 minute drive each way and includes tolls). Taxi service is also available from A – Cab (716 -366-8888) for $120 for up to 4 passengers each way.
Q. What bodies of water do you fish?
A. Cattaraugus Creek, Chautauqua Creek, Canadaway Creek, and several secret streams.
Q. What types of Fishing do you do?
A. Wading streams, fly fishing, and catch and release.
Q. What can you accommodate to meet my needs?
A. We would like to make your trip as memorable and as fulfilling as possible. If you have any dietary preferences or physical limitations/concerns/ preferences, please let us know. We would like to try to accommodate your needs and wishes.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.; SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.;