Capt. Carl Evans
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide located 45 minutes South of Savannah, GA in the Golden Isles.
100% Customer Satisfaction
has been our commitment since 1856. It’s who we are. If you aren’t happy with a product or service, we want to know about it. And we’ll make it right. That’s the Orvis Way.
Capt. Carl Evans
Orvis-Endorsed Fly-Fishing Guide
(912) 242-3919 email@example.com flatwateroutfittersga.com
- Lowcountry redfish and tarpon on fly!
- Sight fish the beautiful South Georgia Marshes of the Golden Isles.
- We have over 25 years of experience pursuing the gamefish in these waters and taking an active role in their conservation.
- Rates are $500 for a four-hour trip for two people.
- Sight fishing for redfish is available year-round; our best months for tarpon are July through September; floodtides for tailing redfish are best May through November.
Orvis is pleased to offer our travel customers access to two valuable services: Global Rescue travel membership and IMG Signature Travel Insurance℠.Learn More
A great trip begins with great communication. You can expect to have a conversation with Capt. Carl days ahead of your trip that will include:
- What time we will meet and where (we vary our departure location based on the best conditions and best recent results)
- What equipment you will need or will be bringing with you
- A general idea of what to expect fishing- and condition-wise (winds, tides, creeks, or open flats, etc.)
- What clothing to be prepared with based on conditions
- We offer the use of our Orvis rods and reels at no expense to our customers. We have a full array of Orvis Helios 3 rods from 8wt to 12wt.
- Captain Carl hand ties his flies and offers them for use as well at no expense
- Of course, we encourage practice ahead of your trip and always encourage you to bring a rod setup you are comfortable with.
The coastal marshes of Georgia from Darien to Cumberland Island are home for us. The spartina grass flats at high tide and oyster-bed creeks at low tide offer a wide variety of terrain to cover in a day. It is common to be in creeks with huge cypress and pine trees lining the shore at one tide, then on a vast open flat at another. It is a land that time forgot; we often fish where there are no homes or buildings visible. We have an average tide fluctuation of 6.5 feet every six hours, which provides plenty of changing scenery and water flow. Sweet freshwater from the Altamaha River, Turtle River and Satilla River mix with our ocean water in the sounds and coastal estuaries to provide a very forage rich environment for our gamefish. Shrimp, fiddler crabs, and mullet are their primary food source, so a variety of fly patterns can yield success.
Our redfish rates are $500.00 for the first 4 hours and $100.00 per hour after that. That includes 2 people and all license and equipment if needed.
Tarpon trips are $800.00 per day and include 2 people and all equipment and license as well.
We do offer a cast and blast package for marsh hens and redfish on our late fall floodtides for $700.00.
Of course, gratuity is encouraged but never expected. $100.00 is customary.
What If I have never been fly fishing can I still enjoy this trip?
Absolutely, we pride ourselves on education both on the water and off. We will be happy to direct you pre-trip to wonderful resources for beginners to help you prepare for your trip. On the water casting and fishing help is what we enjoy most about our time with our clients.
Do you have rods and reels available for rent if I am flying or don't want to travel with my gear?
Yes, we do have the very best equipment from Orvis for your use; the good news is you don't have to rent it, as it’s complimentary for your convenience!
Do I need a fishing license?
You don't need to purchase a fishing license while on board our vessels. We provide that for our anglers at no additional cost.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 21.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 0ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true. SEO SDK is disabled. Enable by setting seo.sdk.enabled to true.