The Best Dog Beds for Your Cherished Companion
Orvis makes the best dog beds for dogs of all stripes, from chewers and diggers to nesters and chin-resters. We're dog people, so we recognize one size dog bed won't fit all. Not only is your dog’s bed an important accessory, but it’s also an essential part of her routine. It’s where she takes her most treasured toys, where she goes when she needs a safe place to regroup—she may even stand sentinel over the house from her bed, a truth you’ll know the instant the doorbell rings. Our collection of dog beds includes a variety of dimensions, shapes, patterns, and materials, so you can find the best option for your beloved companion.
What Type of Bed Should I Choose for My Dog’s Sleeping Style?
Let your dog’s sleep style lead you to the ideal bed design for her. Dogs who seek a secure, protected space may prefer a wraparound bed, but dogs who enjoy ‘sprawling’ often favor a pillow-style or platform bed. A three-sided bolster offers security as well as room to stretch, and thus satisfies most dog sleeping styles. If you have a chin-rester, a donut, a side sleeper, a scoocher, a splooter, or a sprawler, there’s an Orvis dog bed perfectly suited to give her the best night’s rest or nap possible.
- A bolster bed works well for a dog who likes to rest her chin while she sleeps, but also makes a great choice for a scoocher, the affectionate pup who wants to sleep next to something cozy.
- A wraparound bed provides the security of a den-like circle for a ‘donut’ dog who prefers to sleep curled up in a ball.
- A platform bed is a good option for a sprawler or splooter—the dog who sleeps with her back legs splayed out froggy-style—and offers a generous surface area where they can stretch out to their heart’s content.
- As a bonus, couch beds are the perfect solution for humans who don’t want dogs on the furniture, but want to offer their canine pals the joys of life on the sofa.
All these options give you choices to match your dog’s preferences—explore round and rectangular dog beds in platform, bolster, or wraparound styles, with a variety of fill materials and added features. Listen to your dog: She knows the bed she wants. But if you’re still on the fence, let our Dog Bed Selector take some of the guesswork out of your buying decision.
What Size Bed Does My Dog Need?
Every pooch is bighearted, but some dogs have big bodies to match—and for those, just any old cushion won’t do. Our large dog beds offer scaled-up comfort perfect for even the biggest breeds. If your dog has grown to epic proportions, you’ve come to the right place. We have the best dog beds for large dogs, and even for those smallish hounds who simply crave a luxurious stretch. To choose the appropriate size bed for your companion, start with her weight and follow these general guidelines:
- Small – For dogs up to 40 lbs.
- Medium – For dogs up to 60 lbs.
- Large – For dogs up to 120 lbs.
- Extra Large – For dogs 120 lbs. and up
Consider additional factors, like your dog’s measurements and sleeping style, and adjust accordingly; when in doubt, size up. Try our convenient Dog Bed Selector to help narrow your search—answer a few simple questions, and we’ll show you the top-ranked beds that are perfect for your pal.
What’s the Best Type of Dog Bed Fill?
Orvis dog bed fill options include our heritage Memory Foam, our innovative RecoveryZone® fill, and our durable ComfortFill-Eco™ :
- Supportive, luxurious Orvis Memory Foam is best for seniors or dogs with orthopedic problems, but it benefits dogs in every stage of life. She’ll enjoy the comfort of her memory foam dog bed as it supports her joints, improves circulation, and reduces pressure points—whatever her age, weight, or shape.
- The ultimate material for rest and recovery, our innovative RecoveryZone fill is the ideal option for any active dog, whether she’s your working companion afield, or she simply enjoys a rigorous lifestyle playing and exploring the outdoors with you. It features four inches of a medium-density low-VOC CertiPUR-US®-certified foam base layer with a one-inch top layer of Serene Foam™—an advanced type of breathable memory foam that promotes better airflow and comfort for your dog while she rests and recovers.
- Lofty polyester ComfortFill-Eco fiber is ideal for the dog who digs her bed—literally. It will not flatten, and the chambered liner keeps the fill from clumping or shifting when your gal digs, burrows, and nests before settling down. Choose the ComfortFill-Eco Couch Bed if she needs a deeper sleeping area and a higher bolster for extra support and security.
Is your dog a ‘problem’ chewer? Our ToughChew Dog Beds resist punctures and ripping and we back them with our ToughChew guarantee.
How Do I Choose a Bed for an Older Dog?
Your aged companion may still show some spunk on your daily walks, but her pace has slowed and she spends a considerable amount of time resting. When choosing a bed for an older dog, consider a low-profile, open-style bolster or platform bed for easier access. Memory foam may alleviate arthritis or orthopedic problems by distributing her weight to relieve pressure.
Are Orvis Dog Beds Washable?
All Orvis dog beds feature a rugged, washable cover. Our tips for how to wash a dog bed include simple steps for keeping your four-legged friend’s Orvis bed nice and clean. And some of our dog beds, including our ComfortFill-Eco™ Wraparound and our ToughChew® ComfortFill-Eco Platform Dog Bed, are entirely machine washable.
Are Orvis Dog Beds Waterproof?
While we don’t offer 100% waterproof beds, our dog beds come outfitted with water-resistant liners that create a reliable barrier against bladder leakage, saliva, and wet fur or paws. We recommend removing and drying the dog bed liner as soon as you can if it gets wet.