The car barrier is more about separation than restraint—it isn’t designed to protect or contain your dog in the case of an accident, but it is an effective tool to limit your dog to the cargo area or backseat of your vehicle, minimizing driver distraction and, in some cases, protecting your vehicle from dog hair, dirt, and moisture.
What to look for:
- A durable surface that’s easy to clean for fuss-free maintenance
- The right fit for your vehicle for optimal coverage for your needs
- A slip-proof backing to prevent the barrier (and your dog) from sliding around
- Secure, easy installation
- A backseat protector that leaves seat belts accessible—especially if you plan to also use a dog harness
Bonus: Choose a barrier with a window for better airflow between the front and back—plus it gives your pup a view of the road ahead while keeping them safely in the back.
Tips for the Road: Consider using a barrier in tandem with a crate or harness for better accident protection. And, if your dog travels loose in the cargo area, remove its collar to prevent snags.
Our Pick: With secure Grip-Tight® backing to prevent sliding and easy-clean, durable surfaces, our range of seat protectors provide an option for every style of travel, ensuring a comfortable ride for your dog while protecting your vehicle.